Important questions for the eleventh grade Biology unit 6 may be found here. Comprised of Multiple Choice Questions, Short Questions, and Long Questions Everything that was covered in the Fsc final exam from the year before.
Important Short Questions from Chapter 6 of Biology 11th Edition:
- Why are tetracycline and streptomycin not to be used interchangeably?
- What are they you speak of?
A). The tumour of the trachea
- Use specific examples to differentiate between aerobic and anaerobic microorganisms.
- Identify the things that bacteria use for storage as well as their waste products
- Can you explain what a protoplast is? What sets the cell membranes of bacteria and eukaryotes distinct from one another?
- Distinguish between bacteria that are amphitrichate and those that are lophotrichous
Long and important questions Chapter 5 Kingdom Prokaryotic:
Make a list of distinguishing features of cyanobacteria.
Important Questions for FSC 1st Year Unit 6 (MCQs):
- Who was the first person to use the word “Animalcule” to refer to microorganisms?
a. Robert Koch b. Louis Pasteur c. Alexander Fleming d. Leeuwenhoek
- Which of the following structures is unique to certain bacteria?
a. Mesosomes b. Ribosomes c. Cell membrane d. Capsule
- Bacteria reproduce without the aid of sperm or eggs by
a. Binary fission B. Conjugation C. Spores D. Fertilization from an external source
- Bacteria are classified as a kingdom
a. Monera b. Prokaryotes c. Fungi d. Both a & b
- An example of nitrifying bacteria is seen in
a. Photosynthesis; b. Symbiosis; c. Chemosynthesis; d. All of the Above;
- There are accessory genes for bacteria present in
a. Plasmids b. Nucleoid
d. Plasmid and Nucleoid Structures
- Mesosomes are expansions of the nuclear envelope.
a. The cell’s wall, b. The cell membrane, c. The chromatin body, and d. The capsule
- A thick, stiff, spiral-shaped bacteria is referred to as an 8.
a. Vibrio b. Spirochete c. Spirilluim d. Coccus
- Gram-positive bacteria are indicated by this stain
a. Violet b. Pink c. Green d. Does Not Leave a Stain 10 Only some organisms have true pili.
a. The act of reproducing B. The act of moving
c. Gram negative
- If the cocci are found in pairs, the configuration is known as an
b. Tetrad c. Cocci d. Diplococcus
- The bacteria that take the form of rods are referred to as
a. Cocci b. Bacilli c. Vibrio d. Spirillium
- Which of the following kind of radiation is often used during the sterilising process?
a. Beta rays b. Gamma rays c. Ultraviolet rays d. All 14. Which effect eliminates bacteria and other organisms immediately?
a. Microbicidal b. Filteration c. Pasteurization d. Immunization
- The presence of chlorophyll in bacteria
a. Plasmid b. Cytoplasm c. Ribosomes d. Mesosomes
- The reserve food source for cyanobacteria is
a. Glucose b. Glycogen
c. Glycoprotein d. Lipoprotein
You may also be interested in reading the MCQs for part 1 of the 11th unit of Biology. There will be both short and long questions. If you need to prepare for the Entry Test examination, then go to this website for preparation materials.