Key Concepts for Biology Part 2 Entry Test pdf. Key Points for Respiration Test for Part 2 of Biology. f.sc. Biology part 2 Unit Respiration’s most crucial points and cramming notes. Obtain or read online.
Key Points for Respiration
Here are some important cramming notes respiration key points of Biology part 2.
1. Respiration: The Inhalation of oxygen and exhalation of CO2 is called respiration or simply the act of breathing is called respiration.
2. The Inhalation of oxygen is called inspiration.
3. Normally respiration is involuntarily controlled by a respiratory center called the medulla oblongata.
4. In the medulla oblongata, the ventral medulla is an inspiratory center which Dorsal and later Amelia is an expiratory center.
5. During voluntary resp7iation, the impulse arises from the cerebral hemisphere and is the transformed hi the ‘nebula oblongata.
6. Respiratory surface: The area where gaseous exchange with the environment actually takes place is called the respiratory surface.
7. A respiratory surface must have the following properties;
> It must be permeable.
> It must be thin for ancient delusion over a distance of 1mm or less.
> It should possess a large surface area for a sufficient amount of gaseous exchange. it should be vascularized.
> It should have proper ventilation.
8. Kunian respiratory system consists of;
> Nose and nasal cavities
> Bronchi and bronchioles
> Alveoli in the lungs ,
9. Nose is the ONLY externally visible part of the respiratory system.
10. Pharynx is the pan of both the digestive and respiratory systems.
11. Trachea serves as an air canal and also a pan of the respiratory system. IA The length of the Trachea is 12cm & its width is 2cm.
12. The walls of the trachea are stiffened by16 to 20 “horseshoe “shaped
Incomplete rings that open towards the back.
13. The region where the trachea divides into two bronchi is called the carina.
14. Trachea divides into right and left bronchi. The right bronchus has a larger diameter and is shorter than the left bronchus.
Bronchioles are located at the end of bronchi and terminate in the Alveoli.
15. Bronchioles are 1mm or less in diameter. Their walls consist of ciliated cuboidal epithelium and a layer of smooth muscle.
16. Bronchioles have no cartilaginous plates.
17. The walls of the alveolus are 0.1 um thick.
18. There are over 700 million alveoli present in the lungs, representing a total surface area of 70-90 m’.
19. There are approximately 350 million alveoli in each lung.
20. The wall of the alveoli has a layer of squamous epithelium cells.
Useful Websites For Entry Exams
National MDCAT Book By Dogar Unique Hi Brain 2022
Genetics Worksheet NMDCAT Biology MCQs 2022
11th Biology MCQs Cell Structure and Function Pdf Download
Early Prep Test Stars Academy MDCAT Biology With Keys Download
KIPS Topic Wise Test NMDCAT Biology With Answer Keys
Biology Earlier Prep Repeaters NMDCAT Test 4 2022
NMDCAT All Tests With Keys Kips Biology Early Prep 2022
Biology MCQs in Caravan For Fsc and Entry Test
2nd Year Biology Key Points Notes PDF Download
Biology Part 2 Entry Test Respiration Key Points Pdf
Key Concepts for Biology Part 2 Entry Test pdf
Cramming Notes for Kingdom Protista and Fungi (PDF)
Biology Part 1 Entry Test Preparation Prokaryotes Key Points
MDCAT Biology Entry Test Preparation Acellular Life Key Points
Enzyme Key Concepts Chapter 3 MDCAT Biology Entry Test Preparation
Biology Key Concepts Unit 2 Biological Molecules Entry Exam
Biology Kingdom Protista MCQs for the MDCAT
Biology MCQs MDCAT 11th With Keys
UHS MDCAT Biology Past Papers with Answer Keys 2022
Biology Kips Mdcat Mcqs With Solutions
Stars Academy MDCAT Tests Biology With Keys 2022
PMS Biology MCQs Answers Assessment 2022
Biology NUMS Entry Test Past Paper 2022 with Answers
- Kingdom protista and fungi key points dowload
- Prokaryotes Key Points mdcat Biology
- For more practice multiple choice questions kindly visit this blog.